WORKSHOP | Administrators’ Connect: Staff Burnout and Planning for the Future
A two-hour, interactive workshop on staff burnout with original learning, discussion and interactive activities led and facilitated by Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals experts. Expert insight will be broken up with regular breakout discussions and collaborative activities to foster information and process sharing between ACVP members.
Make connections with other administrators, here, and continue to collaborate in ACVP's members' forum or via a regular slate of planned Administrators' Connect workshops! As a collaborative, interactive event—ATTENDANCE IS LIMITED—add this event to your calendar and register, today!
Our guiding topic: staff burnout. COVID-19 has placed unexpected and immense stress on staff members, so it’s vital we reassess our routine practices and prepare for the future. The mental health of staff members is part of the backbone for the care we can provide. We'll take a retrospective look at how we've managed to hold up through COVID-19, but we'll also plan for the future—and share processes and ideas to help support front-line professionals as well as ourselves as we continue to address new challenges to providing quality care.
Nurses, Cardiovascular Technologists and Radiologic Technologists will receive 1 contact hour of continuing education (pending approval from CaPCE and AVIR, an ARRT RCEEM+).
- 5:30PM (EDT) - Introductions & Speed Networking - We'll utilize random breakout discussions so that everyone gets personal facetime with other administrators for meaningful virtual networking.
- 5:40PM (EDT) - Session: Contributors to Clinician Burnout and What We Can Do About It [PART ONE] - Dr. Robert Lancey, MD of Sentara RMH in Harrisonburg, VA will speak to causes of clinician burnout and ways to fight it. An outstanding and well-reviewed session previously aired by ACVP, we've abbreviated Dr. Lancey's talk to serve as a jumping-off point for our discussions.
- 6:00PM (EDT) - Collaboration & Breakout Discussions - We'll utilize a synchronous collaboration tool and breakout discussions to share and map out what we’ve seen and how our support of burnout evolved over the course of COVID.
- 6:10PM (EDT) - Session: Contributors to Clinician Burnout and What We Can Do About It [PART TWO] - Dr. Robert Lancey, MD, continued.
- 6:25PM (EDT) - Collaboration & Breakout Discussions - We'll utilize a synchronous collaboration tool and breakout discussions to share and map out what has worked and what might work going into the future. We will share ideas, strategies and methods for supporting staff through COVID-19 and managing clinician and staff burnout in our organizations.
- 6:35PM (EDT) - Panel Discussion: More Perspectives on Staff Burnout & Management Strategies [PART ONE] - We've reinvented the panel discussion into a structured interview with perspectives from a wide range of ACVP members and leaders.
- 6:50PM (EDT) - Collaboration & Breakout Discussions - We'll return to our collaboration tool to discuss our strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to improve.
- 7:00PM (EDT) - Panel Discussion: More Perspectives on Staff Burnout & Management Strategies [PART TWO] - Structured interview, continued.
- 7:15 PM (EDT) - Collaboration & Breakout Discussions - We'll return to our collaboration tool to discuss what we are going to try; what may work for us and why. Where we could use support and what tools may be useful.
- 7:25PM (EDT) - Making Connections - We'll offer participants a structured way to follow-up on connections and ideas generated during our workshop.